Bursaries for attendance at UKRC and UKRO
Radiology and Oncology Congresses is a charity, registered in the UK, which organises conferences in the fields of medical imaging (the UK Radiology Congress, UKRC) and Radiation Oncology (the UK Radiation Oncology Congress, UKRO)
The Trustees of ROC award bursaries to support attendance in order to present work at its conferences. Awards are intended for the benefit of individuals in training or in the early part of their professional career and for whom attendance at the conference would present significant financial challenge.
In any one year, ROC will award up to six bursaries for individuals resident in the United Kingdom (UK) and four bursaries for applicants resident outside the UK, with preference being given to applicants from lower and middle income countries as defined by the World Bank.
Bursaries consist of full registration for the relevant conference, return travel to the conference host city and hotel accommodation (to include breakfast).
Please note the deadline of Wednesday 28 February 2018.
Criteria for Bursary Awards
- Be in training in the fields of diagnostic imaging or radiation oncology or as a relevant health professional OR be within the first 5 years post qualification
- Provide evidence of their professional registration (where relevant), qualifications and/or course details (for students / trainees) in the fields of Radiology, Medical Physics or Radiography
- Provide details of professional memberships
- Have submitted a paper or poster for presentation and received notification that the item has been accepted
- Provide a copy of the abstract and the acceptance reference number as part of the application for bursary support
- Commit to submit their research for publication in a peer reviewed journal published by or on behalf of the British Institute of Radiology, the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine or the Society and College of Radiographers.
- Agree to be interviewed and photographed for publication in newsletters produced by ROC partner organisations
- Provide the following to support the application:
- Details of other support applied for in connection with this application
- Confirmation of availability to attend UKRC / UKRO
- A statement confirming eligibility for the bursary and demonstrating the benefits that an award would bring to the individual and to improved practice in their workplace.
- Use the ROC application form to provide all information
- Have not received the prize before to attend the UKRC / UKRO congress
In addition, for those resident outside the UK, applicants must:
- State their current nation of residence
- Agree to flight / travel arrangements being made through the agency designated by the conference organisers.
- Apply for any necessary visa as early as possible on notification of the award