Event security update
Since the tragic attack on 22 May 2017, we have been working closely with Manchester Central Convention Centre (MCCC) regarding event security for UKRCO 2017.
The main changes are:
- Increased uniform security staff present during build and open days
- ID checks on all entrances throughout the event
- During build days, stand builders and contractors will be issued with wristbands and asked for ID on arrival
- There will be spot checks of vehicles
- There will be a spot checks of bags in operation at the main entrance of the building
- No deliveries will be accepted prior to Saturday 10 June
Please note that these measures are very much precautionary and have been taken through liaison with the MCCC rather than required by the police. Please also be aware that although the level of threat has been reduced, GMP will be operating armed officer patrols around the city and possibly inside, as well as outside the venue.
We will be constantly reviewing the situation with both the venue and the city as we lead into the event.